The Facilities Management Maintenance Division maintains over 30 buildings including the Atlantic Veterinary College located on the UPEI campus. The buildings’ construction dates range from 1854 to 2016. They total over 1,300,000 square feet (120,774 sq. m) in gross area.
The Maintenance Division is responsible for maintaining the buildings, grounds, utilities, equipment, and department vehicles; and, responsible for the repair and maintenance of all of the following:
- Underground Services - storm, sanitary, water, and exterior lighting cables.
- An underground tunnel system houses the communication lines, high voltage electricity and high-pressure hot water used to heat the buildings. These tunnels are classified as confined spaces and encircle the campus.
- Grounds - parking lots, roadways and sidewalks, landscaping, and wayfinding signage. The department is also responsible for the snow clearing on campus, including plowing the roadways, parking lots, and sidewalks.
- Electrical: all interior and exterior lighting, campus and building power distribution, fire alarm, security, and communication systems.
- Mechanical: all plumbing fixtures, heating systems, domestic water, air conditioning, and ventilation systems.
- Architectural: elevators, building structures, roofs, windows, painting, locks, and signage.
- Set-up for meetings, events and conferences.
- Deliveries: The department is also responsible for all on- and off-campus deliveries and pickups.
Submit a Maintenance Request
All maintenance issues at UPEI (except Residence maintenance requests, noted below) are submitted to Facilities Management via a work order system.
Before you begin:
Each maintenance request now requires a personal password and a submittal password. First-time submitters must register an account. If you have previously submitted a request and do not remember your personal password, please click "Forgot Password?"
Before you complete the following steps, you can refer to the Work Order Quick Guide for a visual description of the process.
Steps To Follow
Please read all six steps, then click here to begin the process.
On the work request page, type in your UPEI email address and personal password.
Choose the location, building, and area.
Select "Problem Type", and describe the problem or issue.
Note: Please do NOT mix problem types on the same work order. An HVAC and carpentry problem will need two (2) work orders.
Enter "Time Available for Maintenance".
Enter "schooldude" as the submittal password, and click "Submit".
After you complete these steps
Your maintenance request will appear in the "My Requests" list on the right of the screen. To edit a new request once submitted, email email@example.com with the changes. Please ensure to include the work order number in any correspondence.
If your request is urgent, please phone 0312. Our client reception team will be available to assist you between the hours of 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday.
After normal working hours, please call 0384. If you are calling from a phone off campus, please call (902) 566-0471 or (902) 566-0384.
Urgent services normally handled through Client Reception:
Loss of water
Loss of power
Room temperature outside acceptable range
All work order requests will be assessed and scheduled by Maintenance as outlined in the Work Order Priorities Policy. This policy also outlines response time standards.
Residence work orders
Live in UPEI Residence? Submit a Residence Work Order.