The Biology department has a well-developed research component that includes a Master of Science program. Students also participate in research at the undergraduate level through the Honours program, special studies, and as summer employees.
In addition to being able to supervise graduate students in the Department of Biology, some of our faculty members have graduate faculty adjunct appointments at other universities or through the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Prince Edward Island.
Fields of study
- Freshwater and Terrestrial Ecology
- Aquatic Insect Ecology and Life Histories
- Insect Genetics and Molecular Biology
- Developmental Plant Morphology
- Floral and Pollination Biology
- Wildlife Biology
- Marine Genetics
- Vertebrate Behaviour and Development
- Mammal Ecology
- Neurobiology of Mammals