Office of Quality Assurance and Planning
The Office of Quality Assurance and Planning supports the UPEI’s quality assurance (QA) framework to ensure that academic programs and their related functions are engaged in an ongoing, cyclical quality assurance process. This office supports the strategic vision of UPEI in terms of providing quality education and educational experiences, while developing students to their full potential. The position also supports the Vice-President, Academic and Research (VPAR) with other academic planning and strategic initiatives at the University.
Quality Assurance of Academic Programming
- In collaboration with the VPAR, Deans Council, and Senate’s Academic Planning and Curriculum Committee (APCC), coordinates and supports the ongoing quality assurance of UPEI’s academic programs by managing the quality review process as outlined by the UPEI Senate policy and related guidelines.
- Supports and communicates UPEI’s QA-related policy, procedures, and resources to the UPEI community to enable program areas to conduct effective and efficient program reviews.
- Provides ongoing review and guidance on alignment with the quality assurance framework and expectations of the Maritime Provinces Higher Education Commission (MPHEC).
- In collaboration with University partners, tracks, monitors, and coordinates quality assurance reviews, reporting, program updates as required by MPHEC, other updates in relation to UPEI programming aspects, and follow-up requirements.
- In collaboration with learning partners, helps to promote a culture of student-focused quality assurance at UPEI.
Academic Program Planning
- Provides operational support for academic strategic initiatives and planning of academic resources in the VPAR portfolio.
- Supports process development for continual improvement of efficiency of program delivery.
- Prepares reports and analyzes data related to program reviews and resourcing of academic programs.
- Participates in the development of academic policies and procedures, ensuring alignment to applicable regulations and promotion of best practices.