Veterinary Business Manager - Veterinary Teaching Hospital - Atlantic Veterinary College
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
As soon as possible until October 31, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Veterinary Teaching Hospital (VTH) at the Atlantic Veterinary College (AVC), University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI) invites applications for a full-time one-year term (with possibility for extension) Veterinary Business Manager position.
This person would work with a team of three other members of the VTH management team, serving as the manager of the business side of the operations within the VTH (including both regular operations and the newly developed primary emergency clinic set to open in October 2019). The VTH management team work together to supervise the administrative and technical support staff within the hospital; ensure smooth day to day operations; foster an environment that optimizes the client experience, patient care, and student learning; and create and follow policy that leads to long-term, sustainable vision planning for the VTH. Specifically, the Veterinary Business Manager will focus on:
- Supervisory responsibilities for staff within the business office and client services team. This position will also support the primary emergency clinic veterinarians and support the supervision of the primary emergency clinic support staff
- Provide support and back-up to the Operations Manager and Client Liaison Manager with respect to staffing, vacancy management, leave management, etc. when they are away from the hospital
- Maintain compliance with University policies/procedures and the collective agreement as they directly relate to accurate management of HR, including following through with disciplinary procedures
- Monitor and assist in the efficient operations and management of the financial resources of the VTH including budget management
- Prepare financial statements and reports, including the preparation of quarterly and annual business reports, advisory council reports, accreditation reports, etc.
- Monitor and forecast VTH revenue and expenditures
- Assist in the development of the new primary emergency clinic
- Provide reports and analytics on the revenue, expenditures, and projections associated with the emergency clinic to help in the assessment of its long term sustainability
- Work with Client Liaison Manager in maintaining a communications strategy and referral relationships
- Work with Operations Manager on facility and operational needs
- Undergraduate degree in Business
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting, business management, or business analytics experience
- Management experience would be considered an asset with preference given to an individual who has experience in managing people
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in working with computerized accounting systems and/or electronic medical records systems, spreadsheets and database software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written
- Additional skills training in communications, marketing, or business administration an asset
TERM: As soon as possible until October 31, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
Additional information may be found in the attached Job Description.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.