Womens Soccer Head Coach - Department of Athletics and Recreation
$20,000 per annum
Jan 6, 2020 to Dec 31st, 2022 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The University of Prince Edward Island invites applications for the position of Women’s Soccer Head Coach.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics and Recreation, the hired candidate will be responsible for building a successful and competitive women’s Soccer program that is student-centered and focused on high performance goals.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Recruiting, training and developing high performance student athletes
- Coaching, administering, managing and promoting the women’s soccer program and Panther Athletics
- Managing in season and out of season training programs (mental & physical conditioning)
- Organizing and conducting practices and preparing the team for competition
- Arranging a competitive exhibition schedule
- Creating a positive atmosphere and support system for student learning and development
- Supporting and developing fund raising programs
- Complying with and adhering to current AUS and U SPORTS regulations, as well as University and Varsity Athletics policies
- Engaging in the promotion and development of soccer within the community
- Working collaboratively with the Department Staff:
- Business Manager to develop and balance program budgets
- Varsity Sport Coordinator to plan varsity events (scheduling, transportation, etc.)
- Facility Manager to arrange gym times
- Working flexible hours (evenings and weekends)
For a detailed position profile, please view the document found at the following link: Women’s Soccer Head Coach position profile.
Candidates must have:
- A minimum of three years of soccer coaching experience at an elite (high school, provincial, college, university) level
- Soccer Certification (NCCP Level 3 or the equivalent is an asset)
- Post-secondary degree is an asset
- Outstanding leadership qualities, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and team supporters
- The ability to recruit top prospect student athletes (strong students, citizens and athletes) who will be strong representatives for our university
- Criminal record and vulnerable sector checks are required
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.