Student Coordinator - ABS Conference - Faculty of Business
$15.75 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay)
As soon as possible – September 30, 2021
The Faculty of Business is seeking to hire one student to act as a coordinator for various tasks leading up to and during the 2021 Atlantic Schools of Business (ASB) Conference hosted by UPEI in late September 2021. The 2021 ASB conference will be held virtually.
Reporting to the ASB Working Committee, the student will:
- Work directly with the conference Co-chairs and the ASB Working Committee to coordinate various conference-related tasks
- Monitor and manage the dedicated ASB email account
- Maintain digital folders housing all conference submission files (i.e., author manuscripts and presentations)
- Work with the conference Co-Chairs and ASB Committee to develop online activities to be held during the conference
- Work with UPEI’s Department of Marketing and Production to develop an introductory video of the UPEI’s Faculty of Business and PEI in general
- Work with the ASB Working Committee on securing, packing, and mailing ASB pre-conference welcome packages to all attendees and speakers
- Assist the ASB Working Committee in developing and maintaining social media posts related to the conference
- Other duties as needed
- Current UPEI business student
- Highly motivated and responsible
- The ability to work independently and efficiently
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) is considered an asset
- Familiarity with online platforms such as Zoom, Google Drive, and Outlook is considered an asset
- Familiarity with video production and media content development is considered an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.