Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion Partnership
The Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Office is thrilled to share that the University of Prince Edward Island has become an Employer Partner of The Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI). This provides significant us with a number of benefits that will support us on our diversity and inclusion journey.
CCDI is a national charity established in 2013 with a mandate of building a more inclusive Canada. CCDI is proud to partner with over 700 organizations across Canada to help build strong and healthy workplaces, schools, and communities. By promoting understanding and inclusivity, CCDI strives to create a more equitable and just society for all.
CCDI offers educational webinars that are free for all of our faculty, students, and staff – All you need is a recognized University of Prince Edward Island email address. Review the 2023 list of topics, dates, and links to register. All CCDI webinars are recorded and archived in the Knowledge Repository.
The following are a few recorded webinars to get you started on your personal EDI Journey:
- Unconscious bias
- Microaggressions: Microinterventions and microaffirmations
- Allyship: What type of ally are you?
To register and see what's coming up:
- Visit the CCDI Event Calendar and select the webinar or event of interest.
- Enter your name and contact information and select "Employer Partner”, select ‘University of Prince Edward Island’ from the drop down menu
- A confirmation email will be sent out with the webinar information upon successful registration.
The following are other benefits are available to you:
CCDI Knowledge Repository
CCDI’s Knowledge Repository is a database of over 1,000 resources gathered from thought leaders and experts across a range of DEI subject areas. The repository is continuously updated with Canadian-specific and international diversity and inclusion research, reports, articles, tools/templates, and videos that are indexed and searchable by multiple parameters. Register for access using your recognized University of Prince Edward Island email address.
The following are a few recorded webinars to get you started on your personal DEI Journey.
Accessing CCDI’s Knowledge Repository
- Click the “Sign In” button on the top right corner of the homepage or visit: https://portal.ccdi.ca/login and click “Register”.
- On the registration form, make sure to select your ‘University of Prince Edward Island’ from the organization list and use your work email address on the form. If you use a Gmail or home address, it won’t work.
- Login information will be sent via email. Make sure to check spam folder if you do not receive it right away.
- Once logged in, click the Knowledge Repository link on the blue heading bar.
Events and Networking
CCDI Employer partners receive exclusive access and registration rates to a variety of events and networking opportunities throughout the year including the CCDI Unconference and Community of Practice events.
CCDI Public Resources and Tools
As part of its charity offerings, CCDI provides a variety of free learning materials covering some of the most topic conversations and initiatives happening around diversity and inclusion in the Canadian workplace.
- CCDI monthly newsletter – Diversity Ink – Sign up today!
- See Different - National youth education initiative
- Glossary of terms
- Educational and inclusion guides
In addition to all these great resources, we have a dedicated Partner Relations Manager who will be working closely with the Equity Diversity and Inclusion Office to support us on our diversity and inclusion journey.
For questions and further supports, please contact the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion office at email@example.com.