Your search has returned no results.
I've been injured, what should I do?
If injured, the worker, student visitor, etc., shall:
- Seek medical attention and/or first aid immediately. All serious injuries should be immediately reported to UPEI Security 902-566-0384.
If you are not a UPEI paid worker:
- Complete an Incident Report Form and give to a UPEI staff member who will ensure the UPEI Risk Manager receives it to follow up with you.
If you are a UPEI paid worker:
- Fill out the Incident Report Form and provide it to your supervisor immediately. Supervisor investigation tools and report should be completed by the supervisor to prevent recurrence.
- If medical attention beyond first aid is required, submit a completed Form 6 to Worker’s Compensation Board (WCB) PEI immediately. The Physician’s Report – Form 8 will be completed by the treating Physician and submitted to WCB PEI.
- UPEI will submit an Employer’s Report of Injury – Form 7 to WCB PEI within 72 hours of being notified by the injured worker.
- If the work related injury/illness exceeds the day of injury/illness, please contact Health & Safety (902-566-0516) or Human Resources personnel (902-566-0514).
- After seeking medical attention for a workplace injury the worker must inform and work with their employer to establish an early and safe return to work (ESRTW) plan within medically substantiated limitations and restrictions.
- UPEI will provide ESRTW plan within the limitations and restrictions provided by your Physician (when possible).