I've been injured, what should I do?

If injured, the worker, student visitor, etc., shall:

  1. Seek medical attention and/or first aid immediately. All serious injuries should be immediately reported to UPEI Security 902-566-0384.

If you are not a UPEI paid worker:

  1. Complete an Incident Report Form and give to a UPEI staff member who will ensure the UPEI Risk Manager receives it to follow up with you.

If you are a UPEI paid worker:

  1. Fill out the Incident Report Form and provide it to your supervisor immediately. Supervisor investigation tools and report should be completed by the supervisor to prevent recurrence.
  2. If medical attention beyond first aid is required, submit a completed Form 6 to Worker’s Compensation Board (WCB) PEI immediately. The Physician’s Report – Form 8 will be completed by the treating Physician and submitted to WCB PEI.
  3. UPEI will submit an Employer’s Report of Injury – Form 7 to WCB PEI within 72 hours of being notified by the injured worker.
  4. If the work related injury/illness exceeds the day of injury/illness, please contact Health & Safety (902-566-0516) or Human Resources personnel (902-566-0514).
  5. After seeking medical attention for a workplace injury the worker must inform and work with their employer to establish an early and safe return to work (ESRTW) plan within medically substantiated limitations and restrictions.
  6. UPEI will provide ESRTW plan within the limitations and restrictions provided by your Physician (when possible).
Office of the Vice-President Administration and Finance

Relevant Links