The School of Mathematical and Computational Sciences has comprehensive help centre offerings covering both principal topic areas (Mathematical Sciences and Computational Sciences) for the first two years of study. Come and visit us if you need some extra help. No appointment is necessary - just drop in. Also, our services are completely free!
We are located in Cass Science Hall (CSH) Room 105 (in the basement) and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. To see our hours of operation, find more information, and discover helpful resources, please check the SMCS Help Centre Moodle Page. (Note: you must enrol yourself in this Moodle page to gain access to this information).
- struggle with Math?
- need more explanation or extra help on a topic covered in class?
- need a hint for that homework problem you just can't seem to solve?
- have a nagging desire to know what a Dedekind cut is?
- have trouble doing the part of your math assignment that requires you to use a computer (such as Maple or Minitab)?
- have a scary obsession with math and want to be immersed in it as much as possible?
If you answered "YES!!" to any of these questions, you're not alone! Come and visit us at the SMCS Help Centre where you will find friendly, experienced staff and students who are there to help you.
For your convenience, we are centrally located on campus and operate during times which should minimize conflict with your classes! Don't let math be the cause of your hair loss! Drop by and see us!! Your brain will thank you and your hair will grow back!
- have trouble understanding Computer Science concepts?
- need alternate explanations or other help on a topic covered in class?
- need some direction on an assignment problem you just can't seem to solve?
- have a nagging desire to know what recursion is really all about?
- have trouble doing the part of your computer science assignment that requires you to use math?
- have a weird penchant for programming and want to eat, sleep and breathe it?
If you answered "YES!!" to any (or many!) of these questions, you're not alone! Come and visit us at the Computer Sciences Help Centre where you will find friendly, experienced staff and students (along with a computer or two!) who are there to help you.
For your convenience, we are centrally located on campus and operate during times which are not likely to conflict with your classes! We’re the Bobby McFerrin of computing – don’t worry, be happy! Don't suffer sleepless nights alone in front of a glowing screen! Drop by and see us!! Your brain will thank you and your eyes won’t be so bloodshot!
Note: please prepare questions to ask us before coming in for help. We can help to clarify material that you didn't quite understand in your lecture and provide extra examples pertaining to your topic. What we cannot do is your exact homework assignment problems, and we cannot teach you "new" material that you missed in class.
Don't forget to come and visit us in person!