President Recognition Award of Merit for Volunteer and Community Service
The Presidential Recognition Award of Merit for Volunteer and Community Service recognizes and honours an employee who demonstrates the University of Prince Edward Island’s commitment to community service through volunteer work, both on and/or off campus.
All staff members who have served a minimum of three (3) years of continuous service prior to nomination are eligible for these awards. A person may be nominated multiple years. Persons who have received this award within the previous five years are not eligible.
The Awards Selection committee, chaired by the Associate Vice President, Human Resources and Legal, will review nominations, select a winner, and make a recommendation to the President.
Nominated candidates will have demonstrated a commitment to the promotion of community service at the University of Prince Edward Island. Among the factors to be considered by the Committee will be:
Evidence of leadership and/or innovation in working with the public and/or community organizations for the well-being of citizens and communities. Delivery of subject matter or professional knowledge and expertise beyond the University.
- The deadline for nominations is Friday, March 27, 2020.
- Nominations may be submitted by faculty, staff, or students, or a combination thereof.
- Nominations must be supported by three signatures.
- Please prepare a dated and signed one-two page statement proposing the nomination, describing and justifying the achievements in the category for which the application is being made. Within this statement the nominator must clearly state the category of activity for which they are applying on behalf of the nominee and provide specific examples to support the nomination.
- Nominations are to be submitted in confidence to the Associate Vice President, Human Resources and Legal.