President Recognition Award of Merit for Support of Student Success
The Presidential Recognition Award of Merit for Support of Student Success is presented to a UPEI employee who has made significant contributions to higher education via supporting student success.
All staff members who have served a minimum of three (3) years of continuous service prior to nomination are eligible for these awards. A person may be nominated multiple years. Persons who have received this award within the previous five years are not eligible.
The Awards Selection committee, chaired by the Associate Vice President, Human Resources and Legal, will review nominations, select a winner, and make a recommendation to the President.
Nominated candidates will have demonstrated a commitment to supporting student success at the University of Prince Edward Island. Among the factors to be considered by the Committee will be:
Evidence of demonstrated commitment (beyond the scope of one's job) to assist students to achieve their goals by enhancing a positive student experience at UPEI. A commitment to lifelong learning and/or encouraging in others the desire to learn and/or volunteer.
- The deadline for nominations is Friday, March 27, 2020.
- Nominations may be submitted by faculty, staff, or students, or a combination thereof.
- Nominations must be supported by three signatures.
- Please prepare a dated and signed one-two page statement proposing the nomination, describing and justifying the achievements in the category for which the application is being made. Within this statement the nominator must clearly state the category of activity for which they are applying on behalf of the nominee and provide specific examples to support the nomination.
- Nominations are to be submitted in confidence to the Associate Vice President, Human Resources and Legal.