Associate Director - Department of Development and Alumni Engagement
$106,066 to 117,602 per annum
Reporting to the Executive Director of Development and Alumni Engagement, the Associate Director will manage and lead a team to achieve the fundraising and alumni engagement objectives for UPEI.
In addition to managing a team, the Associate Director will oversee alumni engagement strategy and manage a portfolio of fundraising prospects including individuals, families, foundations, and corporations with a propensity to support UPEI. They will also develop and execute strategies in keeping with university fundraising, alumni, and reputational goals and priorities.
The position will work closely and in collaboration with other team members within the department, particularly the Executive Director and departmental managers, Marketing and Communications department, and other internal and external partners.
The Associate Director will play a proactive role in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of alumni and friends to UPEI.
- Support fundraising initiatives, champion alumni engagement efforts, and coordinate day-to-day office operations.
- Be a a proactive self-starter, exceptional communicator, and organized project manager
- Within our team-oriented environment, they will work with the Executive Director of Development and Alumni Engagement and the other department managers in fostering the growth of fundraising programs by managing campaigns and building relationships with current and prospective donors, university alumni, volunteers, and other stakeholders in achieving their philanthropic goals in a manner that supports the development priorities of the University of Prince Edward Island
- A university degree is required. A Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) or other Leadership designation would be considered an asset in this role
- The candidate will have a broad background and successful track record in fundraising, leadership, events, and constituent relations with demonstrated success in prospect management
- Experience with fundraising and member/alumni management is expected, ideally in a post-secondary education environment
- Demonstrated success in leading a team of staff and volunteers to achieve strategic goals
- Highly organized in thought and action, the successful candidate will possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- The candidate will have considerable experience in working with community organizations through volunteerism, event attendance, and other experiences
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.