Student Senior Residence Life Advisor - Residence Services - Ancillary Servies
Senior Residence Life Advisors (SRLAs) will receive a reimbursement for their residence room and an hourly rate for their office hours. Income tax rules do apply to the SRLA compensation.
January 3, 2023 to April 30, 2023
Ancillary Services is looking for 1 Senior Residence Life Advisor for the 2023 Winter Semester (January 3, 2023 to April 30, 2023). Residence living provides significant learning opportunities for students outside of the classroom. Senior Residence Life Advisors (SRLAs) will play an important role in this process.
SRLAs must act as peer-supporters, advisors, activity planners, administrators, and educators to maintain residence community standards. SRLAs must work together with their fellow SRLAs, RLAs, Assistant Manager of Residence Life and Acting Director of Ancillary Services, departmental staff, and other university staff in creating an educational environment conducive to both living and learning. Individuals selected as SRLAs demonstrate leadership, maturity, dependability, and involvement in their residence community, as well as sensitivity and concern for other residents and fellow staff. They must be committed to their own personal growth, taking care to budget personal time for study, work, relaxation, and continuous learning. SRLAs must have a commitment, which extends beyond specific job responsibilities. Once chosen, the SRLAs are provided with additional training and support.
- Consistent and Regular Office Hours (up to 15 per week)
- Prepare plans, reports, program evaluation and assist with administrative tasks as required
- Assist the Assistant Manager - Residence Life with organizing, developing, and supporting RLA Team; including training, team-building, agendas for meetings, etc.
- Serve as a positive role model for all students, specifically with regards to academics, personal wellness, and social conduct
- Develop relationships with residents to ensure approachability, resourcefulness and to foster a cohesive community
- SRLAs will participate in an on-call schedule with the Assistant Manager - Residence Life
- Full-time student status at UPEI
- Has been a Residence Life Advisor for a minimum of one (1) full academic year at UPEI or another post-secondary institution
- Satisfactory academic standing (minimum 65% average). (Each applicant must submit a copy of his/her unofficial degree audit with the application package. [This information is kept in confidence by the Selection Committee])
- Good rapport with fellow residence students, and the ability to serve as a positive role model
- Sound knowledge of the university, campus services, residence life program, and different student activities
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.