MTS Level 5 - CSR Technician -Materials Management Unit - To Create a Casual List- Veterinary Teaching Hospital- Atlantic Veterinary College
$26.70 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay as per CUPE 1870
Casual, as needed
The Veterinary Teaching Hospital at the Atlantic Veterinary College requires CSR Technicians to work on a casual, as needed, basis to support the Materials Management Unit of the VTH during peak times and busy periods, which may include weekdays, weekends and UPEI closures, and to support CSR technical staff leaves, as required.
- Decontaminating, cleaning, and processing of surgical instruments and equipment dispensed by the department following established infection control practices
- Must be conscientious with regard to procedure, capable of working under pressure and interacting professionally with other departments within the hospital
- Sterilizing instruments and equipment used in the hospital
- Maintaining sterilizers, cart washer, instrument washer and other equipment used in MMU
- Preparing and packaging instruments, supplies and equipment and for the correct handling and storage of sterile supplies
- Maintaining, stocking, and distributing of inventory supplies in various areas of the hospital
- Helping to maintain inventory control levels in the MMU and throughout the VTH
- Working with various software products (RxWorks and Cubex) and inventory management cabinets in the VTH with respect to supplies and inventory
- Receiving incoming stock and ensuring correct supplies are received and distributed
- Preparing surgery case carts daily, using a computerized system
- Receive and stock clean linen supply for the hospital
- Assist in procuring and maintaining inventory supplies, and ensuring proper equipment maintenance within MMU
- Other related duties as assigned
- Satisfactory completion of Grade 12 or GED equivalent
- Central Supply Room Technician / Medical Device Reprocessing Technician Certificate from a recognized facility is required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in (Veterinary or Human) Central Supply Unit
- A good working knowledge of instruments and supplies used in an operating room
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated ability in Windows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and reliable
- Must be able to work as part of a team, but must also be able to work independently
- Computer proficiency in hospital inventory management software would be considered an asset
- Experience procuring and maintaining inventory would be an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, email@example.com.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
For current UPEI employees who wish to apply for this position, click here, requires UPEI login.
For all others who wish to apply for this position, click here.