Student Assistant - Office of Continuing Education and Professional Development
$16.10 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP – June 30, 2023
The Office of Continuing Education and Professional Development are seeking applications for the position of Student Assistant. Reporting to the Manager, this position will focus on assisting with French Language programming offered through the office.
The student will:
- Plan an online, French language conversation group curriculum, including activities and lessons suitable for levels ranging from beginner to advanced
- Deliver conversation group activities and lessons to individuals and small groups
- Provide feedback and encouragement to attendees
- Track attendance
- Provide technical assistance to participants using Zoom where required
- Communicate regularly with full time staff regarding programming
- The successful candidate must be fluent in French, will ideally be a senior student, and will be familiar with working in a post-secondary educational environment
- This position requires strong computer, organizational and administrative skills, along with very strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The successful candidate will also be able to work independently, adhering to a set schedule for program delivery
- The successful candidate will be engaging and adaptable in their program delivery, communicating appropriately to language levels spanning from beginner to advanced
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.