Student Assistant - Experiential Education and English Language Centre - Student Experience Hub
$14.50 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
January 4, 2023 – April 28, 2023
The Student Assistant will work with the Experiential Education team to plan and deliver the Harry W. MacLauchlan Entrepreneurship Program (Panther Pitch) during the winter 2023 semester. The Harry W. MacLauchlan Entrepreneurship Program is dedicated to the development of students having an entrepreneurial outlook who will create and lead new ventures on PEI. This position will be a great opportunity to build your network both on- and off-campus; gain organizational, communication and leadership skills; and work with a supportive team of professionals in career development and experiential education.
- Assist with the creation of event plans with timelines, deliverables, responsibilities etc.
- Drafting promotional content and materials
- Creation of a marketing plan and participating in marketing opportunities
- Liaising with event partners, participants and campus departments
- Managing email inquiries and communication related to the event
- Organizing documents, files and plans
- Coordinating on-site set up, food and supply orders as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the team
- UPEI student with an interest and/or experience in the following areas: entrepreneurship, marketing, event/project coordination
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience producing content for social media
- Professionalism - reliable, respectful, conscientious, willing to learn, with positive attitude
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
In your application, please include a resume and cover letter that clearly demonstrates how you meet the qualifications above.
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, email@example.com.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.