ADS Level 6 - Project & Budget Coordinator - Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering
$56,709 to $62,366 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
The University of Prince Edward Island is seeking candidates to work in the Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering as a Project and Budget Coordinator.
- Provide overall project and budget support and coordination for the operation of the FSDE Design Clinics (which run 30-40 student-led projects per year in partnership with external partners) in areas including, but not limited to: tracking and budgeting; procurement; invoicing; expenses; reimbursements; planning; and reporting
- Monitor individual project budgets for each design clinic project at all year levels to ensure compliance with partner agreements and budget projections
- Develop, implement, and coordinate internal FSDE processes and protocols, related to design clinic projects, to be followed by students, faculty and staff for the procurement of materials, supplies and equipment; the tracking of project expenses and purchases; and the reimbursement of expenses
- Provide forecasts of overall revenues and expenses for the design clinic projects
- Provide administrative and operational support and coordination for the program’s internal operations including, but not limited to: tracking and budgeting; procurement; invoicing; expenses; reimbursements; planning; and reporting
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the FSDE’s operations budget which covers equipment, supplies, travel, maintenance, alterations, and renovations
- Provide overall budget and planning support for the program’s operations
- Prepare financial reports and statistics related to revenues and expenses for the program’s internal operations
- Prepare and review budget reports, cash flow and revenue projections, salary and benefit projections, and other financial reports
- Be the key point of contact for financial and accounting matters within FSDE
- Monitor and track relevant accounts and prepare various financial reconciliations
- Monitor invoicing for design clinic projects, prototypes, and fee-for-service work
- An appropriate post-secondary program in office administration, business, or accounting with a minimum of five (5) years related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- A university degree would be considered an asset
- A broad range and depth of experience with project management, budgeting and accounting systems, financial management tools, procurement and invoicing processes, and expense and revenue tracking
- Ability to multi-task and to coordinate and monitor multiple projects in a high- pressure, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent time management, organization, communication, analytical, problem- solving, professional, and independent-work skills
- Excellent computer skills, especially in using spreadsheet applications such as MS Excel
- Attention to detail and accuracy in an environment where errors can have severe consequences
- An ability to work independently as well as a member of a team, exercising a high degree of judgment, professionalism, and confidentiality
- An ability to work with minimal supervision
- A familiarity with a university environment would be considered an asset
- A familiarity with UPEI financial and accounting systems would be considered an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
For current UPEI employees who wish to apply for this position, click here, requires UPEI login.
For all others who wish to apply for this position, click here.