ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - Experiential Education & English Language Centre
$47,039 to $51, 795 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
The department of Experiential Education and the English Language Centre is seeking applications from qualified individuals to provide administrative support in a dynamic and diverse office environment responsible for a wide array of services and programming.
Reporting to the Director of Experiential Education and the English Language Centre, the successful candidate will support the work of staff engaged in the delivery of Experiential and Work-Integrated Learning, including Co-operative Education, Career Services, and English Language Programming.
Duties will include:
- General office duties including acting as the first point of contact for the office both in person and on the phone; managing inquiries through the general office email accounts, booking meeting times and space for staff; and overseeing the operational needs of the office
- Providing administrative support to English Language Programming (ELP): English Academic Preparation, Customized English Programs, Explore Spring Language programming including registration of students, supply orders, issuing certificates of completion and supporting ELP staff
- Attending to general accounting duties, including reconciling departmental credit cards, assisting with petty cash reports/replenishments, submitting invoices for payment
- Checking and maintaining the required supplies and equipment, ordering where needed
- Assisting team members with the creation of social media content and posting
- Maintaining the career services job board
- Maintaining electronic and paper administrative filing system
- Assisting with the development and upkeep of promotional materials
- Assisting with event coordination – room bookings, logistics, catering, supplies, tech tests
- Liaise with various university departments
- Other duties as required
- Successful completion of a recognized post-secondary program in a related area and a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- Enjoy interacting with people and exhibit excellent customer service skills, including initiative and problem solving
- Proficient in the use of computers and the following software programs: Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail, Google docs, Moodle
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and inclusion and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Culturally competent communication and cross-cultural understanding
- Experience posting and creating promotional materials for social media
- Ability to work well within in a team environment, as well as independently, and able to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, energy, and positivity in their work
- Must possess excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Experience using Colleague program software is considered an asset
- Familiarity with UPEI regulations and policies will be considered an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
For current UPEI employees who wish to apply for this position, click here, requires UPEI login.
For all others who wish to apply for this position, click here.