ADS Level 5 - Administrative Support - Admissions - Registrar's Office (2 Positions)
$47,039 to $51,795 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
Reporting to the Manager of Enrolment Services, the incumbent is responsible for effectively supporting admission activities by assessing documentation and providing students with the guidance needed to ensure they are able to complete their applications for admission. The incumbent will support and manage application materials relating to undergraduate and graduate programs, transfer students, mature applicants and other areas as required. Working within the Colleague student information system, the incumbent will:
- Assess admission applications for completeness, moving student applications through Recruit and then into Colleague
- Update relevant admission decision fields in the student information system
- Prepare and generate admissions decisions for undergraduate students through established management communications procedures
- Accurately and efficiently enter data and review both demographic and academic grade entry for admission purposes
- Respond to queries from students regarding the status of applications
- Provide students, Faculty, and staff with exceptional service by addressing all queries in a timely manner
- Support applicant query requests through accurate, timely, and professional communication in-person, electronically, and via telephone
- Work collaboratively with staff in the Registrar's Office and Enrolment Services to provide solutions to workflow questions
- For graduate studies, administer the process of receiving applications from graduate student applicants to ensure each file is accurate and all required information is complete, after which the completed applications are transferred to the Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Work collaboratively with staff in the Faculty of Graduate Studies as the admissions process evolves with growing enrolments of graduate students at the University
- Verify, scan, and import documents supporting students’ applications
- Provide support to all areas of the Registrar’s Office and Enrolment Services
- Work collaboratively and respect equity, diversity, and inclusion for students, faculty, staff, and community members at all times
- Ensure admissions policies are adhered to and that sensitive and confidential applicants and other information is maintained in a professional manner
- Successful completion of Grade 12
- Post-secondary education in an administrative assistant program with two-year related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Ability to establish priorities, multi-task, and work under pressure to deliver exceptional service
- Possession of strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Understanding of and adherence to a structured, solution driven workflow process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word, or equivalent applications. Experience using Recruit and Colleague program software is considered an asset
- Attention to detail and system savvy
- Adherence to confidentiality requirements
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, particularly in delivering client services
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of ethical standards of integrity, fairness, and confidentiality
- Culturally competent communication and cross-cultural understanding
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently, and able to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, energy, and positivity in their work
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
For current UPEI employees who wish to apply for this position, click here, requires UPEI login.
For all others who wish to apply for this position, click here.