ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - Experiential Education and English Language Centre *Reposted*
$52,265 to $57,551 per annum, prorated to time (0.5 FTE) and term, as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible to April 30, 2023 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding, and departmental requirements)
The English Academic Preparation (EAP) Program is looking for a part time Administrative Assistant (0.5 FTE) to provide support to the EAP Program Manager, students, and instructors.
- Respond to phone, email and in-person inquiries from community members, UPEI applicants, and incoming students
- Monitor program role-based email
- Liaise with Program Manager to schedule English assessments and other meetings as required
- Answer student inquiries with respect to the program and course offerings
- Maintain website updates and social media platforms
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Monitor and schedule maintenance of general office equipment and classroom-based issues
- Liaise with UPEI bookstore regarding textbook orders
- Prepare and distribute program certificates at the end of each semester
- Assist with beginning and end-of-term processes and documents
- Prepare and monitor requisitions for payment
- Coordinate, attend and record minutes of meetings
- Support the coordination of classes, special events and meetings, including scheduling, booking space and catering
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Successful completion of a two-year post-secondary program in a related area, with a minimum of two years relevant work experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Excellent knowledge and skills in word processing, email, internet searching, database management and spreadsheets (Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive applications)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and confidence using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram) to help manage the program’s online presence
- Demonstrated ability to maintain co-operative and respectful interpersonal relationships in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Familiarity with UPEI’s regulations and policies will be considered be an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
For current UPEI employees who wish to apply for this position, click here, requires UPEI login.
For all others who wish to apply for this position, click here.