PA Level 9 - Solution Analyst - Information Technology Systems and Services *Reposted*
$71,390 to $78,535 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
Working as part of the ITSS Team, the Solution Analyst will complement our campus wide, service- oriented department. The Solution Analyst will be a key contributor to enterprise IT system deployment, operation, and optimization. This is a technical position, the person in it will contribute to the development and on-going evolution of operational metrics by designing and supporting end user reporting and data analytics solutions. The Solution Analyst will work on the development of solutions that support continuous improvement, workflow management and data gathering needs.
- Supporting operation of enterprise IT systems
- Developing, documenting, and making operational, solutions based on organizational needs and standards
- Providing information that contributes to data-driven decision making by producing easy-to-understand, audience appropriate reports
- Collaborating with analysts, designers, end users and business process owners in the testing of solutions related to administrative systems at UPEI
- Liaising with network administrators and software engineers to assist with design specifications, program logic, and data conversions
- Maintaining existing portfolio of reports and analytical data products
- Maintaining and developing datamarts and operational data stores to support reports and analytical data products. Maintaining data dictionaries for the control of new and/or additional data elements
- Assisting in the evolution of data management policies and procedures
- Gathering and analyzing user requirements to then design functional specifications for solutions
- Production control activities with regards to data integration, data processing, job scheduling, setup, and background process reporting
- Analyzing business risk and recommend mitigation strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration. An equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
- Extensive experience writing SQL queries is required
- Knowledge of enterprise-level applications, including ERP, CRM, data warehouses, etc.
- Proficiency with a variety reporting and ETL tools (e.g., Pentaho Suite, Microsoft Graph, or similar tool)
- Experience in report writing and data analytics. With ability to use data visualization techniques to build operationally relevant presentations and dashboards
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages and web-based solution development platforms (e.g. PHP, node, Vue.js)
- Communication skills to clearly express ideas in an objective manner, and ability to adapt communication style to suit the situation and audience
- Ability to develop relationships by interacting with people in a professional, respectful, and diplomatic manner
- Experience in the deployment and administration of Microsoft M365 would be considered an asset
- Experience using Microsoft 365 tools such as Forms, Power BI, and Power Automate would be considered an asset
- Experience using Ellucian systems such as Colleague and CRM Recruit would be considered an asset
- Experience in data classification, privacy, and security would be considered an asset
- Experience in requirements gathering and business process mapping would be considered an asset
- Experience with project management practices would be considered an asset
- Experience working in an academic institution would be considered and asset
- Customer service skills are required
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Previous applicants from Competition #30E22 and #30E22R need not reapply.
For current UPEI employees who wish to apply for this position, click here, requires UPEI login.
For all others who wish to apply for this position, click here.