Contracts and Funding Officer - Research Services *Amended Closing Date*
$74,884 to $83,024 per annum
Reporting to the Manager, Research Services, the Contracts and Funding Officer performs high-level professional work to facilitate the development of competitive research grants and contracts.
- Provide University staff and faculty with guidance and advice regarding contracts, including advising on the contract process
- Draft and review University contracts and offer advice on the terms and conditions of the University entering into the contract
- Review contracts for compliance with the University’s policies and procedures and ensure that all appropriate contract processes/approvals have been followed before contract execution
- Engage with faculty to facilitate identification and support of complex and collaborative cross Faculty research funding proposals
- Provide professional expertise and strategic guidance to researchers as well as existing or potential partners as related to funding applications and/or contracts and agreements. Inform and educate researchers as to best practices
- Participate in complex research proposals as administrative lead and coordinator
- Ensure accuracy and maintenance of research records in the research management system (Romeo)
- Function as a team member focused on proactive, efficient, and customer-oriented workflow and office procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree with a research component or business degree and a minimum of five years’ experience in the post-secondary sector or related work experience
- Superior attention to detail
- Experience in reviewing contracts
- Knowledge of the Canadian post-secondary research funding landscape
- Strong understanding of the grant life cycle process, including grant seeking, grant writing, and grant management
- Superior communication skills (including writing and editing)
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Must demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience interacting with various levels of a large organization is an asset
- Experience with the Romeo/Cayuse grants management platform
- Experience in the pre-award administration of research grants and contracts
- Research-based Master’s degree
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.