Minor Officials - Panther Sport - Hockey and Basketball (Up to 17 Positions) - Department of Athletics and Recreation
$13.70 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP – April 30, 2023
The Athletics & Recreation Department requires dedicated, committed, reliable, thorough, and sport-minded Support staff for a variety of Minor Officials positions with duties that include, working at all men’s and women’s hockey, and men’s/women’s basketball home games. Minor Officials are expected to know their respective sport rules/regulations and be able to follow the play with utmost attention and reaction play by play. Employees are part of a larger team that knows how to have fun, work hard and take pride in their work.
- Some roles require strong computer or score clock skills
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations for U Sports & AUS Hockey and Basketball
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Must be comfortable in front of large crowds
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time (3-5 hours)
- Must be able to carry / move / set-up sporting equipment. Physical labour may be required
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Must have a keen eye for details
- Adaptable and quick thinking
- Perform well under potentially stressful situations
- Ability to adjust to quickly changing, unexpected circumstances
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Positive attitude, dedicated, committed, reliable, and thorough
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and with other team members as needed
- Previous experience working with community/sport groups is considered an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.