Emergency Risk Manager - Office of the Vice President Administration and Finance
$81,833 to $90,733 per annum
The University of Prince Edward Island invites applications for a position of Emergency Risk Manager. Reporting to Vice President Administration & Finance, the Emergency Risk Manager (ERM) is responsible for supporting the development, promotion and administration of the University-wide emergency management and continuity programs. The incumbent will implement and develop policies, plans, procedures, training, and community outreach that supports an all-hazard emergency and continuity management program. As an important member of the Emergency Management Team, the ERM will also support Fire Protection initiatives providing support, instruction, and education for the various components of the UPEI fire protection program, including safety plans, evacuations, procedures, and drill coordination. The ERM will provide research support to the AVP Operations and Construction Coordinator, as needed to ensure that legislation, regulations, and guidelines are followed.
- The ERM will take a lead role in the planning and preparation of the University’s business continuity frameworks and departmental plans to support an all-hazards approach to emergency and continuity management
- The incumbent will work closely with executive, operational, and academic units to understand their critical functions and work with them to address their continuity planning needs
- The ERM will also support the design and implementation of campus emergency procedures, develop of awareness and training programs; and ensure the effectiveness and maintenance of all plans through simulations, exercise, and other testing/evaluation methods
- The ERM will liaise routinely with the campus community and report all issues or concerns brought forward regarding Continuity of Operations, Emergency Management, and Fire Protection
The preferred candidate will possess the following:
- Completion of a University degree in Social Science, Business Administration, or a related discipline
- Completion of or working towards a specialization in Emergency Management or Business Continuity through a college, university of a professional credential-issuing association would be an asset
- A minimum of five years’ experience in emergency management activities including emergency planning, operational contingency planning, response and exercises, business continuity planning, and delivering emergency preparedness guidance and training. This experience must include experience communicating with first responders during critical incidents, emergencies and/or within high-stress environments
- Experience in the university or college setting preferred
- Knowledge of regulations and standards, as well as local, regional, and national frameworks, plans, and regulations relevant to emergency management and business continuity
- Strong understanding of emergency management phases and business continuity
- Completion of Incident Command System training, both ICS-100 and ICS-200 within the last three years, with the ability to complete additional incident command and incident management training
Additional information may be found in the attached Job Description .
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
For current UPEI employees who wish to apply for this position, click here, requires UPEI login.
For all others who wish to apply for this position, click here.