Student Assistant - Chaplaincy Centre - Student Affairs - Student Experience Hub
$13.70 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP – April 30, 2023
Continuing to provide for the spiritual and physical needs of our university community remains the priority at the Chaplaincy Centre. With that in mind, we are looking to hiring a student assistant for the 2022/2023 academic year.
- Receive and sort food
- Unpack and shelve incoming food
- Assist in the organization of goods within the food bank
- Evaluate inventory and communicating current needs to shoppers
- Manage UPEI Food Bank social media accounts
- The Food Bank Student Assistant must be a team player who has a keen eye for detail and takes the initiative to identify and solve problems
- Must be able to think outside the box and be willing to share and help
- implement new ideas
- Will work to develop a strong team of volunteers who will increase the profile of the food bank on campus, develop healthy recipes and assist in the overall operation
- Familiarity with the UPEI Student Food Bank and having a means of transportation are assets
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.