AVC Vet Camp Senior Coordinator - AVC Dean's Office - Atlantic Veterinary College
$16.10 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
ay 1, 2023 to August 17, 2023 (Possible extension of term/part time hours based on need & budgetary approval)
The Atlantic Veterinary College Vet Camp Senior Coordinator will assist in coordinating, planning, and scheduling all activities for the Dr. Tim Ogilvie AVC Vet Camp 2023 (AVC Vet Camp) in consultation with AVC staff and faculty.
The Senior Coordinator will also play a key role in communicating with camp participants and their parents and will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of AVC Vet Camp when in progress.
- The Senior Coordinator will assist in the evaluation of the program
- Although AVC Vet Camp will be the student’s main priority, the Coordinator will also be required to assist in other events and special projects including the AVC White Coat Ceremony and Awards Night, AVC Summer Academy, and NSERC PromoScience project activities
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) student is required for this position
- The student must possess strong organizational and leadership skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, be a self-starter, enthusiastic and creative
- The student must be mature, able to exercise sound judgment and have a demonstrated ability to teach and motivate children, and able to work effectively with their peers
- Prior experience in event planning and supervising others would be preferred
- Familiarity with animals and animal handling required
- Knowledge of the UPEI Campus would be an asset
- First aid certification also preferred
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.