Student Assistant - Afterschool Elementary Tutors (Up to 6 Positions) - Faculty of Education *Reposted*
$16.10 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
February 27, 2023 to May 12, 2023
The Faculty of Education is seeking student applicants for up to six (6) Student Assistants - Afterschool Elementary Tutors.
- Participate in training and program development sessions
- Plan and deliver project-based, one-to-one tutoring based on individual child’s needs at a local elementary school
- Liaise with school team, and the Literacy Outreach Project team to provide appropriate play-based learning opportunities
- Successful candidate(s) will be enrolled in a UPEI Bachelor of Education undergraduate program
- Knowledge of early numeracy and literacy development
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to collaborate with school staff, tutors and the Literacy and Outreach Project team
- Knowledge of early years, early childhood education and play pedagogy will be considered an asset
- Understanding of project-based learning is considered an asset
- Student(s) must be able to travel to local school(s) to provide tutoring after school
- Program delivery will be in English and/or French
- Ability to obtain a Vulnerable Sector and Criminal Record check
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Applicants for REQ113 need not reapply.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, email@example.com.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
To apply for this position click here. Closing date is February 12 at 6:00 PM AST