ADS Level 6 - Administrative Assistant - Ancillary Services
$56,709 to $62,366 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
At the University of Prince Edward Island, Ancillary Services includes Residence Services, Food Services, the Bookstore, Conference Services and more. Through these various units, the Department provides a diverse range of products and services to both on and off campus students, campus colleagues, and clients. To assist members of the department in providing exceptional customer service, we are seeking an energetic and motivated individual to join our team as the Department’s Administrative Assistant.
Reporting to the Director of Ancillary Services, the Administrative Assistant for Ancillary Services will be responsible for:
- Developing, establishing and maintaining information tracking systems, including electronic schedules, physical and electronic filing systems, expense reports, and email management
- The daily office administration, human resource and payroll procedures
- Financial and accounting procedures such as completing point of sale transactions, invoice processing, collecting on overdue accounts, and completing departmental deposits
- Arranging meetings, preparing agendas, minutes and related background materials, following up on action items in a timely manner, as required
- Providing courteous, accurate and timely customer service to students, parents, staff, faculty, and external clients and referring inquiries and issues to appropriate areas
- Maintaining detailed knowledge of Ancillary Services policies, procedures, programs and organizational structures to respond effectively to various stakeholders
- Providing general administrative support to other Ancillary Services staff and reception services to the area
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- Grade 12 graduation and successful completion of a post-secondary program from a recognized educational institution in a related office studies program with three years related experience; an equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills in word processing, electronic information systems, spreadsheet and database applications
- Knowledge and experience using Kinetic Solutions (KX) Conferencing Software and eRezlife Student Housing Software is considered a strong asset
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and composition
- Accuracy; attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in processing invoices, purchase order documentation, and cash handling
- Clear understanding of the importance of discretion and confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to build productive relationships in a busy, team-oriented environment
- Experience working in an accommodations and conference operation will be considered an asset
- Effective communication skills (verbal and in writing)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and actively problem-solve
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
For current UPEI employees who wish to apply for this position, click here, requires UPEI login.
For all others who wish to apply for this position, click here.