Finance and Planning Officer - Deans Office - Atlantic Veterinary College
$74,884 to $83,024 per annum
The Dean’s Office at the Atlantic Veterinary College is currently accepting applications for a full-time Finance and Planning Officer. This position co-reports to the Dean of the Atlantic Veterinary College (AVC) and the Comptroller.
- Provide financial and business planning support to the Dean of the AVC in the preparation and management of the AVC budgeting processes
- Prepare and review AVC budget reports
- Assist in the development of new AVC budgets
- Monitor and maintain AVC budgets
- Calculate AVC salary and benefit projections
- Prepare various AVC financial reconciliations
- Maintain relationships with and provide support to AVC management and other members of the AVC community regarding their operating budgets
- Prepare AVC financial analyses and reports with attention to details and deadlines
- Perform AVC account analysis and reconciliations
- Produce AVC revenue and expenditure reports
- Prepare various internal and external AVC reports and statistics
- Provide support to the multi-million-dollar service units at AVC in the development of various types of business plans related to opportunities for these units
- Work with the Comptroller’s Office staff to ensure AVC compliance and consistency with University Financial policies and procedures
- Other duties related to the business activities of the AVC
- CPA designation with an Undergraduate degree in Business
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in working with computerized accounting systems, spreadsheets, and database software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
For current UPEI employees who wish to apply for this position, click here, requires UPEI login.
For all others who wish to apply for this position, click here.