ADS Level 5 - Client Services Representative - Veterinary Teaching Hospital
$52,265 to $57,551 per annum as per CUPE 1870
The Veterinary Teaching Hospital at the Atlantic Veterinary College is seeking applicants to fill a permanent, full time Veterinary Client Services Representative position.
- Process routine scheduled and emergency hospital admissions
- Schedule appointments and gather all necessary referral documentation via phone, in-person, and email
- Generate invoices and process payments, including third party financing companies and insurance providers
- Maintain detailed electronic medical records in a veterinary emergency and specialty referral setting to ensure accurate communication logs and billing processes
- Maintain professional interactions during emotional/stressful situations
- Maintain client financial accounts within the confines of hospital financial policies
- Interact professionally with and facilitate communication between clients, referring veterinarians, students, and hospital staff
- Answer, direct and triage emergency calls appropriately and efficiently that come in through the main VTH phone lines
- Assist in setting up external financing for clients as needed
- Assist with processing pet insurance claims
- Will be required to work a rotating shift
- May be required to work stat holidays and during university closures
- Must have proven ability to work independently under pressure and have an ability to diffuse conflict and confrontational situations
- Must have proven reliability as responsibilities include working alone as the primary client service representative for the hospital for both routine and emergency cases
- Grade 12 graduation with completion of a recognized post-secondary program in a related area or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a veterinary emergency and/or referral setting is required
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of training / experience in a high-volume, client-facing customer service role
- Business / accounting / cash handling experience in a veterinary hospital setting
- Strong computer and word processing abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated abilities in customer service and reception skills in a veterinary setting
- Ability to remain calm and professional while helping clients through emotional interactions
- Veterinary medical terminology diploma or equivalent veterinary clinical experience
- Experience using group text messaging software in a professional and educational setting is an asset
- Experience using electronic medical records and scheduling software is required with preference given to those with experience using RxWorks and Smartflow
- Preference given to candidates with experience in veterinary hospital reception, especially in an emergency and/or referral hospital setting
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
For current UPEI employees who wish to apply for this position, click here, requires UPEI login.
For all others who wish to apply for this position, click here.