ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - Faculty of Nursing
$50,249 to $55,299 per annum, prorated to term as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible until October 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Faculty of Nursing is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and operational support. The successful applicant will report directly to the Dean and will provide administrative support to the Faculty of Nursing undergraduate and graduate programs in an efficient and timely manner. This is a multifaceted and challenging role which includes a variety of tasks.
The Faculty of Nursing offers a four-year BScN, a 23-month Accelerated BScN undergraduate program, and a Master of Nursing degree program. Our graduates leave with knowledge, skills, and competencies to be successful in the health care environment and leadership in the community.
- Represent the Faculty of Nursing as the initial point of personal and telephone contact with the public, faculty, students and staff
- Receive and distribute incoming mail and acknowledge routine written and telephone inquiries
- Compose, type, photocopy and collate a wide range of documents and correspondence, compile and organize information for reports
- General accounting duties
- Organize and disseminate student opinion of teaching surveys
- Create and prepare meeting agendas, take minutes, assemble and distribute materials and track action items
- Assist with duties which include arranging and planning meetings and events and classroom bookings
- Coordinate the ordering and tracking of supplies and equipment
- Coordinate special events on behalf of the Faculty
- Manage and process information required for student files as required
- Manage student and clinical nursing instructor (CNI) lists for access/modification/removal to and from Computerized Information System (CIS) as well as organize CIS training sessions for students and CNIs
- Provide support and work in collaboration with the two (2) Administrative Assistants in the Faculty of Nursing
- Prepare paperwork for faculty, staff and student hires; manage sessional roster
- Responds to student inquiries regarding admissions information and criteria including requirements such as immunization record, criminal record check, etc.
- Assist in maintaining positive communications with outside agencies and individuals
- Establish and maintain administrative filing system and mailing lists
- Prepare requisitions and other forms
- Monitor office and other supplies
- Maintain student files
- Other duties as may be required
- Successful completion of Grade 12
- Successful completion of an Administrative Assistant Program with two (2) years related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Moodle, E-Mail usage, Power Point, Internet searching
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Intercultural competence and function as an effective member of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate superior customer service orientation and attention to detail
- Ability to deal effectively with people including conflict management skills
- Familiarity with University regulations and policies will be considered an asset
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.