ADS Level 5 - Student Financial Services Clerk - Financial Services *Reposted
$45,224 to $49,769 per annum, prorated to term as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible until December 24, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Financial Services Office is seeking applications for the ADS Level 5 - Student Financial Services Clerk. Located in the Student Financial Services/Registrar’s Office and reporting to the Assistant Manager, the Student Financial Services Clerk is the first point of contact for persons requiring registrar and student financial assistance at the University. This position involves a wide variety of multi-tasking with deadlines and confidentiality.
- Providing exceptional customer service either at the counter, on the telephone or by email to students, faculty, staff, and general public in a fast-paced environment
- Assisting students throughout the course registration process, including course changes and discontinuations, changes to faculties, declaring majors & minors, transcript requests, degree audits, academic appeals, regulations and standing
- Analyzing student accounts to ensure proper fees are charged accordingly
- Financial aid assistance – scholarship, awards, bursary processing; verifying and processing student loans and confirmation of enrollments
- Processing and receipting University revenue from various sources, primarily students, such as tuition, fees, residence, and meal plans; including balancing daily cash and preparing bank deposit
- Other duties as requested
- Successful completion of a two-year post-secondary program in accounting, business, or similar
- Proven record of providing exceptional customer service
- Solid knowledge of accounting procedures and functions, specifically in relation to accounts receivable activities
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Detailed knowledge and experience working with computerized accounting systems, spreadsheets and database query programs; interest and ability to learn new systems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team while meeting regular deadlines
- Excellent professional, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working in a University or similar environment is an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Previous applicants of Competition #96E19 need not reapply.