Maintenance Repair I (Building Systems) - Department of Facilities Management
$47, 238 per annum as per IBEW 1928
The University of Prince Edward Island, Facilities Management Department, is seeking applicants for the position of Maintenance Repair – Building Systems. This position requires an individual with formal training and demonstrated experience and skills related to maintenance and renovations of buildings and related systems on all University owned assets. Employees in this classification perform skilled labour duties in the maintenance, renovation, and repair of buildings, equipment and grounds.
- Carries out heating, ventilation, and air conditioning maintenance and repairs, prepares material lists for related projects, and carries out installation in accordance with local, provincial, and Federal codes and regulations
- Troubleshoots, maintains and repairs all ventilation related systems and equipment such as building controls, heat exchangers, heating/cooling systems, refrigeration systems, humidification systems, sprinkler systems, compressed air systems, steam systems, and medical gas systems. This includes lubing dampers, grease bearings, changing filters and preventative maintenance
- Troubleshoots fire alarm and security systems
- Completes requisitions for material, supplies and tools relating to proposed or actual work being performed and inventory
- Other building/grounds maintenance duties as may be assigned by supervisor
- Grade 12 diploma
- Diploma or certificate (or Journeyman) in electrical/mechanical trade from a recognized institution required
- Diploma or certificate in Electromechanical, Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) or Refrigeration or stationary engineering from a recognized institution preferred
- Experience in Electromechanical, Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) or Refrigeration installation and/or maintenance
- The ideal candidate is a team player with a great work ethic
- Preference will be given to those with three (3) years’ experience in the installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of building systems and equipment and with automated building systems
- Computer software experience, i.e. Windows, Word, Excel
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.