MTS Level 7 - Engineering Technologist - Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering
$59,900 to $65,850 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
The University of Prince Edward Island is looking for a candidate with experience in thermofluid systems (pumps, heat exchangers, etc.) and water resources and treatment to work in the Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering as an Engineering Technologist. Reporting to the Manager of Operations, the successful candidate will work closely with students and researchers. The successful candidate will be involved in the installation, commissioning, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of manufacturing, material-handling, and testing equipment. The individual will provide advice and guidance to undergraduate and graduate students on design and testing of project builds and research projects. The individual would interact with students, academic staff, and other technical and administrative staff on a daily basis.
- Provide support to Junior Design (first- and second-year students) on the design and construction of their design clinic projects
- Provide support to Senior Design (third- and fourth-year students) on the design, fabrication, and testing of their design clinic projects
- Provide support to researchers in the design and fabrication of research equipment
- Set up and support laboratory experiments for engineering courses
- Train and supervise students using lab equipment, computers, and facilities
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain, repair, and calibrate equipment
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of all equipment, materials, and supplies
- Two-year community college diploma in a relevant engineering technology field (mechanical, water technology)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience in a laboratory environment
- Demonstrated creative, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, coordinate projects and function professionally in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent computer skills
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.