Client Liaison Manager - Veterinary Teaching Hospital - Atlantic Veterinary College
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
The Veterinary Teaching Hospital (VTH) at the Atlantic Veterinary College (AVC), University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI) invites applications for a full-time permanent Client Liaison Manager position.
This leadership position within the VTH would work with three other managers within the VTH, and serve as the manager of the client experience within the hospital (clients include both referring veterinarians and animal owners). Specifically, the responsibilities of this position are:
- Primary point person for client and referring veterinarian complaints including working with faculty, staff and students on these complaints/concerns, documenting, liaising with clients and referring vets, and adhering to policy to effectively resolve complaints
- Direct Supervision of Technical Service Staff
- Co-supervise all the technical staff in the hospital
- Provide advice and guidance with respect to personnel matters to the various services within the hospital, including mediate personnel issues, assist faculty with complaints/concerns, evaluating processes, and facilitating changes and improvements
- Maintain compliance with University policies/procedures and the collective agreement as they directly relate to accurate management of HR, including following through with disciplinary procedures.
- Coordinating orientations and training for students, staff, faculty, locums
- Coordinate the creation of employee manuals and training programs through the VTH. Ongoing evaluation and maintenance of these programs.
- Promote and enable the delivery of high quality client service among VTH faculty and staff
- Participate in strategic planning and policy development as it pertains to the VTH
- Support the IT manager in troubleshooting various technologies within the VTH and liaising with providers including Cubex, RxWorks, and SmartFlow
- Assist in the development and maintenance of reports for grants to ensure ongoing funding and relationships with stakeholders associated with these grants
- Assist in the development of fee structures and bundle package pricing within the VTH
- Undergraduate degree in business, veterinary medicine, or related field and 5 years of management experience required, or equivalent relevant experience and education. Preference given to an individual who has experience in HR or employee supervision
- Veterinary office management background required with preference given to Veterinary Office Managers (CVPM, RVTs or DVMs)
- Additional skills training in communications, marketing, or business administration an asset
- Excellent computer skills required including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, iOS, and ability and willingness to learn new software packages
- Experience with veterinary electronic medical records keeping and management is required
- Experience with communications and complaints resolution with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in client communications and responsibility for resolving complaints in a clinical setting (either veterinary or medical)
- Willingness to participate in the on-call schedule with other managers in the VTH
Additional information may be found in the attached Job Description.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.