Student Assistants - Camp Counsellors (Up to 2 Positions) - Faculty of Education
$16.10 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
June 27, 2022– August 26, 2022
The Faculty of Education is seeking up to two (2) camp counsellors to work with the Early Numeracy and Literacy summer camp.
- Participate in training and program development sessions
- Assist with the planning and delivery of project-based tasks that integrate numeracy and literacy activities in summer camps for children ages 4 to 8
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at UPEI, with preference given to students in the Bachelor of Education program.
- Knowledge of early years and early childhood education
- Previous experience and/or training with early years and early childhood education
- Knowledge of early numeracy and early literacy development
- Previous experience with summer camps
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of project-based learning is considered an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.