Summer Student Research Assistant - Centre for Health and Community Research - Faculty of Business
May 21 – August 31, 2018
The Center for Health and Community Research is seeking applicants for a student research assistant position to assist with research examining high cost healthcare use in Prince Edward Island and alternate level of care usage.
- Conducting qualitative interviews with patients and health and social care providers
- Assisting with quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Assisting with report writing
- Presenting research findings
- Other related duties
- Must be a graduate student enrolled in a related field
- Experience conducting qualitative research interviews in a healthcare context (e.g., with patients, health care providers)
- Knowledge of the PEI healthcare system
- Experience in qualitative analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.