Student Research Assistant - Department of Applied Human Sciences - Faculty of Science
$16.10 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
June 27 to August 29, 2022
A student assistant is required to work on a research project in the field of dietetics. The student assistant work will primarily be carried out in-person, on campus.
- Recruit eligible participants from across Canada to participate in semi-structured interviews
- Conduct semi-structured interviews with health administrators from across Canada
- Analyze documentary and interview data
- Prepare study findings for dissemination
- Other duties as required
- Undergraduate student in their 3rd or 4th year at UPEI
- Excellent organizational skills
- Current Dietetic Intern would be considered an asset
- Successful completion of Food and Nutrition Courses would be considered an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.