Student Recruiter and Advisor - Office of Recruitment, First Year Advisement and International Student Office
Commensurate with qualifications
August 15, 2019 to December 31, 2019 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
UPEI’s Office of Recruitment, First Year Advisement, and International Student Office requires a highly motivated and innovative individual to join our recruitment team. Reporting to the Manager of Domestic Recruitment, the incumbent will work with an interdisciplinary team to deliver the supports and services required for the recruitment and retention of UPEI students.
- Develop and conduct recruitment-based activities within Canada and internationally
- Work directly with high schools and their counseling staff to support the transition of incoming students to UPEI
- Work directly with stakeholder groups that influence and support students in their decisions about pursuing post-secondary education (i.e. partner institutions, parents, other organizations, etc.)
- Provide admission and program information to a diverse range of prospective students and stakeholders
- Support incoming first year UPEI students in their transition to university through coordinated academic advising and registration support
- Work with the University recruitment team and other on-campus stakeholders in the development and delivery of recruitment initiatives (including promotional materials development, activities, events and other engagement strategies)
- Other duties as required
This position is pivotal to the development and delivery of the institution’s goals for student enrolment and vision for student success. As a member of the Office of Recruitment, First Year Advisement, and International Student Office, the incumbent will be expected to contribute to the overall delivery of supports and services to the UPEI student population.
- An undergraduate degree
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to carry boxes of promotional materials and display units
- Experience working with the public in a professional setting
- Experience with public speaking and a comfort speaking to diverse groups (such as students, parents, school principals, etc.)
- A thorough understanding of the needs and expectations of first year university students, including what influences their decisions about choosing a post-secondary institution
- Knowledge of University programs, student supports and student life
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative, excellent judgment, creativity and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience in using technology (including social media platforms) that support student engagement activities
- Demonstrated experience analyzing data (particularly enrolment data) and working with data systems
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.