ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - Provincial Adult ADHD Program - UPEI Health and Wellness Centre (Grant Funded)
$52,265 to $57,551 per annum, prorated to time and term, as per CUPE 1870 (Grant Funded)
As soon as possible for a one-year term (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding, and departmental requirements)
The UPEI Health & Wellness Centre is launching a Provincial ADHD Program for Adults on PEI. The program is funded by the Department of Social Development and Housing and UPEI. The program is seeking an Administrative Assistant as part of the team who will support individuals who are living with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). The nature of this position requires an individual who is efficient in a multi-tasking work environment, has high levels of competencies in office-related computer technologies and all online UPEI systems, an ability to work independently, excellent analytical and planning abilities, strong motivation, and exceptional interpersonal skills. The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Director of the UPEI Health & Wellness Centre.
Serving as a member of the Provincial ADHD Team for Adults on PEI, this position will:
- Provide medical office reception services
- Act as the initial point of contact with patients, family members and significant others. The Administrative Assistant will book appointments, send out and collect questionnaires in advance of appointments and send out appointment reminders
- Schedule for physicians, nurse practitioners, social worker, clinical psychologist and the registered nurse. The incumbent will prepare daily work lists and coordinate office space with the registered nurse
- Prepare electronic/paper charts as required
- Scan/file any paper reports (electronically) into the EMR
- Prepare billing sheets, prepare charts for the following day, prepare diagnostic reports for review, fax consults, prescriptions, etc., book follow up appointments and make labels for specimens
- Monitor emails for email@example.com
- Maintain discretion, confidentiality, and continuity of service for all clients, and assist in maintaining positive communications with outside agencies and stakeholders, such as the Health PEI, ADHD PEI
- Provide back-up to the Administrative Assistants of the UPEI Health and Wellness Centre
- Collect/document program statistics such as number/type of visits
- Complete minutes of team meetings and distribute meeting materials
- Provide other administrative duties as required by team members which could include preparing letters, scheduling meetings, arranging teleconferences, phone calls etc.
- Other duties as required to support efficient operation of the Provincial ADHD Team for Adults on PEI
- Successful completion of a two-year post-secondary program in office administration or medical support services program with two years related experience or equivalent experience
- Knowledge/experience with medical/health terminology is recommended
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Moodle, MyUPEI, Email, and other major office-related software including internet searching and data management programs
- Possess strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Possess intercultural competence and function as an effective member of the team
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate superior customer service orientation and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Familiarity with university regulations and policies will be considered an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.