Off Campus Housing Coordinator - Residence Services - Ancillary Services
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
July 15, 2019 – April 30, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
Ancillary Services at UPEI is committed to offering a work environment that is dedicated to customer service through a team approach. Developing a strong residence program, conference operation and to fulfilling the mission of building a safe and supportive living and learning environment that facilitates academic success, social interaction and personal growth. UPEI residences consist of approximately 440 students in the academic year and approximately 584 conference beds in the summer months, in three distinct accommodation facilities.
We are currently seeking an Off Campus Housing Coordinator to support students who are having challenges in securing housing during the academic year. Reporting to the Director, Ancillary Services and working closely with the staff in Ancillary Services, the Coordinator will play a critical and diverse role in supporting students and accommodation operators. This will be from application and assignments to maximizing student satisfaction.
- Coordinate and facilitate the off campus student housing application and assignment process
- Work with accommodation operators such as hotel managers and landlords to secure potential housing options for students
- Complete daily operational activities as they relate to general inquires, student support, data collection, reporting and record keeping
- Coordinate and facilitate events for students who have applied through the off campus housing application process
- Respond to concerns from students with regard to major issues with landlords and accommodation operators
- Work with key units on campus such as, Domestic and International Recruitment Teams, and the Student Union, to support students involved in the off campus housing program
- Coordinate and deliver communications relating to Off Campus Housing through UPEI
- Undergraduate degree
- Proven understanding of the rental market in Charlottetown and surrounding areas
- Experience in facilitating and maintaining a registration process
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Including proficiency using multiple software programs and social media
- Ability to collect, coordinate and report on off campus housing data
- Demonstrated decision making skills and sound judgment, along with strong conflict management and crisis management skills
- Proven ability to be a part of a highly effective team, demonstrate initiative and contribute to overall success of UPEI’s Ancillary operation
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.