Executive Assistant To The Board And Senate - Office Of The President
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
The Office of the President seeks an experienced, highly organized, motivated person with positive attitude and excellent communication skills as Executive Assistant to the Board of Governors and the Senate.
- Provide general administrative support to the Board and Senate, including financial, personnel, and administrative functions
- Attend Board and Board committee meetings to provide administrative support and record minutes
- Attend Senate and Senate committee meetings to provide administrative support and record minutes
- Make all arrangements for Board and Senate meetings, including scheduling, agenda, location and catering
- Preparation and distribution of all meeting documents and materials for the Board and the Senate
- Maintain all records for the Board of Governors and Senate, and the various committees of each body
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Liaise with other departments and administrative offices on and off campus
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum of two (2) years of specialized post-secondary education/training in a related office studies program
- Minimum three (3) years previous experience in related work and/or a combination of education and related work experience
- Proficient in the use of computers and the following software programs: Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Documents, and Gmail
- Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy, excellent organizational abilities, initiative and discretion
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, as well as excellent knowledge of grammar and composition
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to work evenings and flexible hours, depending when meetings are held
- Knowledge of UPEI and its operations would be an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.