Student Assistants - Data Entry (2 Positions) - Department of Applied Communications, Leadership and Culture - Faculty of Arts
$13.70 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP– September 3, 2022
The GeoREACH lab in the Applied, Communications, Leadership & Culture program is seeking up to two Student Data Entry Assistants with experience in History, Digital Humanities, or related disciplines to support data entry on Canadian historical projects, including animal history, agricultural history, and urban history. The Data Entry Assistants will be supervised by the Director, Dr. Joshua MacFadyen. The GeoREACH lab supports Geospatial Research in Atlantic Canadian History and other projects of the ACLC program.
- Conduct data entry in spreadsheets using primary documents
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- Produce regular written summaries of data entry and QA/QC
- Conduct literature reviews
- Work independently or in groups in Charlottetown area archives
- Aerial photo interpretation
- Working with Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Experience with data management (spreadsheets)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn spreadsheet and related computer applications
- Knowledge of Canadian history
- Knowledge of food and agriculture
- Ability to travel to various PEI archives
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.