Student Assistant - Recruitment, First Year Advising and International Student Office - Student Experience Hub
$13.70 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
May 16, 2022 – July 12, 2022
The Recruitment and International Student Office is seeking applications for the position of Student Assistant. The assistant will report to the Senior International Student Advisor. This position will focus on providing support to all areas of the Recruitment and International Student Office.
- Greet students in a friendly manner, answer inquiries and direct students to the appropriate staff person
- Help to maintain the International Student Office social media outlets
- Assist with research and planning for current and future projects
- Assist in the creation of marketing material- print based and electronic
- Assist in maintaining filing systems and databases
- Coordinate and assist with summer on campus and online events and the promotion of said events
- Answer phones/email and respond to routine correspondence
- Assist incoming students with travel and self-isolation questions
- Perform other duties as required
- The successful candidate will ideally be in second or third year, have cross-cultural experience and will be familiar with working in a post-secondary educational environment.
- This position requires strong computer, organizational, and administrative skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written), cultural competence and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently. Must be willing to work the occasional weekend or evening for special events
- The successful candidate must be friendly, responsible, and comfortable working with a diverse student body
Eligibility Criteria for Canada Summer Jobs:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.