ADS Level 4 - Administrative Assistant - Department of Facilities Management
$43,633 to $47,978 per annum as per CUPE 1870
July 2019 to November 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Department of Facilities Management requires an ADS Level 4 Administrative Assistant to provide receptionist and administrative support. As part of the administration`s front line team, this position reports to the Manager of Administrative & Environmental Services and also provides administrative support to the Director of Facilities and departmental management staff.
• Clerical: Obtain quotes from suppliers, generate on-line requisitions, maintain supplier files, price lists, process invoices for payment, track expenses for specific cost centres
• Administrative Support: Maintain on-line calendar, schedule meetings, order food for meetings and special events, make travel arrangements and/or accommodation reservations, prepare and maintain files, typing & copying. Answer phone. Attend meetings to record minutes. Create and maintain word documents and spreadsheets
• Provide back-up support to administrative assistant in Security Services and Control Desk, become familiar with procedures on the work order/room booking control desk and security services dispatch desk, to be prepared for replacement during absences
• Assist with human resources tasks including: leave and attendance tracking, overseeing training matrix and coordinating training sessions for staff
• Review and recommend changes of parking information for the applications and parking webpage
• Coordinate the campus parking permit process including organizing location for sales and receiving payment for permits and tickets
• Coordinate and communicate parking in designated and reserved lots
• Assist in policy and procedure tracking
• Minimum of two (2) years of specialized post-secondary education/training in a related office studies program
• Minimum one (1) year previous experience in related work and/or a combination of education and related work experience
• Proficient in the use of microcomputers and the following software programs: Window, Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Documents, and Gmail
• Demonstrates attention to detail
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to think creatively
• Ability to develop and maintain productive interpersonal relationships with university staff, faculty, and students
• Commitment to departmental mission, policies and procedures
• Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Strong organizational skills
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.