Project Manager - BRACE Program - UPEI Climate Research Lab (Grant Funded)
Commensurate with qualifications
As soon as possible until March 31, 2022 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The UPEI Climate Lab is seeking a Project Manager for the Building Regional Adaptation Capacity and Expertise (BRACE) Program, funded by The Province of Prince Edward Island and Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) in response to the Pan-Canadian Framework for Clean Growth and Climate Change’s identified priorities for adaptation and resilience.
BRACE activities include two separate programs designed to build adaptation capacity and expertise in Prince Edward Island: the Early Career Adaptation Professional (ECAP) Program and the Climate Change Adaptation Training and Professional Development Program.
The candidate will be a professional with demonstrated skills in project management, research administration, priority setting, and time management. Reporting directly to the Director of the UPEI Climate Lab, the ideal candidate is highly self-motivated and has demonstrated excellence in the management of complex research projects in a university or NGO setting.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties:
• Develop and deliver an ECAP intern recruitment strategy in collaboration with UPEI; communications staff, provincial government communications staff, and industry associations
• Coordinate target monitoring, priorities setting and assessing progress
• Manage budgets, purchase equipment/supplies, and budget reporting
• Recruit and match interns, mentors, and host organizations
• Provide mentor support and guidance
• Identify and engage appropriate training professionals
• Develop and deliver orientation for ECAP interns, mentors, and host organizations
• Develop and schedule BRACE training sessions and materials
• Collaborate with the BRACE Monitoring and Evaluation Team to conduct project monitoring and evaluation
• Ensure synchronization between the ECAP Program and the Climate Change Adaptation Training and Professional Development Program
• Liaise regularly with BRACE Project Team, Provincial Government and Industry Associations
• Develop and implement outreach strategy to promote participation in the Climate Change Adaptation Training and Professional Development Program
• Complete annual feedback reports based on summaries of input from mentors, interns, the Climate Change Secretariat, and stakeholders
• Complete BRACE reporting requirements, including quarterly activity reports and quarterly financial reports, as required by NRCan and the PEI Provincial Government
• Adhere to operational policies and procedures
• Coordinate and communicate with research teams, staff, collaborators, as well as stakeholders and funding partners
• Oversee the development and tracking of research compliance applications and amendments
• Manage project personnel requirements; eg, participate in the recruitment processes and liaise with appropriate resources regarding personnel issues
• Coordinate internal and external research communications with UPEI Communications, PEI Provincial Government and other media
• Applicants will hold an undergraduate degree
• Minimum of five years’ experience managing multi-partner research projects
• Knowledge of UPEI processes, systems, and regulations will be considered an asset, as will prior knowledge or experience of Climate Adaptation procedures.
• Relevant experience managing complex research projects and research grant applications
• Demonstrated experience in financial management of research budgets
• Experience working with university, government, and community agencies in a collaborative, collegial manner
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email..
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.