Student Assistant/Mentor - Department of Experiential Education - Student Experience Hub
$16.10 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
May 2, 2022 – August 26, 2022 (with the possibility of an extension for Fall/Winter 2022/23)
The Department of Experiential Education is seeking applications for the position of Student Assistant/Mentor. This position will be part-time during the summer of 2022 with the possibility of an extension for the 2022/2023 academic year. The successful candidate will receive training and will be mentored by Career and Experiential Education professionals to ensure an exceptional experiential learning opportunity.
- Researching, writing & organizing career-related resources
- Answering inquiries and directing students to the appropriate resources
- Monitoring and responding to a role-based email account
- Helping to maintain social media, including designing content
- Mentoring students on career preparation skills, such as resume writing
- Collaborating with Experiential Education, Career Services & Co-op staff on student career preparation
- Promoting Career Studio and Career Peer Mentor services to the campus community
- Other duties as required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong research skills, with the ability to organize information for diverse audiences
- The ability to take ownership and be accountable to complete assigned work with good time management
- A strong attention for detail and be driven by quality and creativity
- Working knowledge and experience of social media platforms such as
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- A customer-service orientation, a willingness to work one-to-one as a mentor
- and comfortable interacting with people from many countries
- Strong computer skills; experience with Microsoft Office and G Applications
- would be an asset
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently
- A student who will be returning for the 2022-23 academic year
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.