Panther Central Student Assistants (Up to 10 Positions) - Department of Athletics and Recreation
$13.70 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
September 6, 2022 – April 30, 2023
The Department of Athletics and Recreation is looking for energetic, customer service-oriented people to join our PANTHER CENTRAL staff. Our employees are front-line customer service professionals who strive to provide all members and facility users with a great service experience. Employees are part of a larger team that knows how to have fun, work hard, and take pride in their work.
- Greet all visitors, provide accurate information, and answer questions regarding all programs, policies, events, hours of operation, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Serve as point of contact to other departments, clients, members, and visitors
- Perform opening and closing duties at the Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre
- Process membership forms, Panther Academy registration forms, varsity ticket sales, fitness and recreational programming fees, etc.
- Handle cash and process payments
- Provide customer service support to internal and external users of the facilities
- Monitor access of all users to the facility
- Assist with laundry services for the Athletics and Recreation department
- Maintain daily facility reports
- Physical labour may be required, such as setting up nets, carrying/moving and/or preparing for use of sports equipment, etc.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Experience in business-oriented front desk duties would be an asset, including working with cash and possessing some sales knowledge
- Positive attitude, energetic, courteous, excellent telephone etiquette and ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently with limited supervision and with other team members as needed
- Experience with computers (with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office)
- Previous experience working with community groups is considered an asset
- Ability to adjust to quickly changing circumstances in event operations
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekdays, weekends, holidays, and evening shifts
- Must have current CPR and AED training or agree to obtain this certification at own expense
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.