ADS Level 5 - Animal Care Committee Coordinator - Department of Biomedical Sciences - Atlantic Veterinary College
$52,265 to 57,551 per annum, prorated to time and term, as per CUPE 1870
The Department of Biomedical Sciences is seeking applications from qualified individuals to provide administrative support to the UPEI Animal Care Committee. This is a permanent part-time, position reporting to the Chair of the Department of Biomedical Sciences and the University Veterinarian.
The major duties are to provide administrative support to the UPEI Animal Care Committee and assist in maintenance of Canadian Council on Animal Care Accreditation Standards and Guidelines of UPEI. ACC Coordinator will:
- Coordinate activities of the Animal Care Committee
- Advise researchers on ACC policies, standards, and expectations
- Prepare responses to the CCAC assessment recommendations and provide updates to the CCAC Secretariate as necessary
- Provide training, support, and guidance for all aspects of using Research Portal and Romeo and to complete the various Animal Care forms completely and accurately
- Assist the University Veterinarian in obtaining and reviewing ACC documents
- Collaborate and network with members of the Canadian Association of Animal Ethics Coordinators
- Advise the ACC Chair, the University Veterinarian and/or members of the ACC of new policies and procedures implemented by the CCAC
- Review animal care protocols to ensure their completeness and to ensure CCAC guidelines are adhered to
- Provide general secretarial and clerical support, including telephone/reception, responding to inquiries, typing, data entry and report extraction and creation, maintaining filing systems, scheduling meetings, completing meeting minutes and follow-up, coordinating, and assisting in site-visits and inspections, and creating and tracking forms
- Grade 12 graduate plus successful completion of a 4-year undergraduate degree in Biology or a related area is required
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience required; experience working in a biomedical research setting would be considered an asset for this position
- Must have a working understanding of the procedures and accreditation requirements of the Canadian Council on Animal Care and the functioning of an Animal Care Committee
- Must have a working knowledge and experience in computers and computer systems; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Google Suite and Calendar, Romeo, and web-based databases
- Demonstrated ability to work with others while meeting regular deadlines
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take clear, accurate meeting minutes
- Ability to multi-task
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.