Graduate Student Assistant - French Ambassador - Faculty of Education *Amended*
$20.20 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP – December 2022
Faculty members Elizabeth Blake, Dr. Rachelle Gauthier and Dr. Tess Miller (Faculty of Education) invite applications for the position of French Language Ambassador. This person will work directly with students from the BEd (Français Langue Seconde) program and Island teachers.
- Build community amongst BEd students in the FLS program
- Organize French cultural activities for BEd students and Island teachers
- Connect students with various French organizations and community groups
- Organize various community-building activities for BEd students and Island teachers
- Assist BEd students with assignments about French proficiency skills
- Organize activities to enhance French proficiency skills
- Manage and monitor budgets, financial transactions
- Perform other duties as required
- Must be enrolled in a graduate program
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Experience organizing activities
- Experience and ease in working with people
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent writing/editing skills
- Excellent French oral proficiency
- Ability to work independently
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.